Would it be possible for you to test the latest upstream kernel? Refer
to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelMainlineBuilds . Please test the latest
v4.13 kernel[0].

If this bug is fixed in the mainline kernel, please add the following
tag 'kernel-fixed-upstream'.

If the mainline kernel does not fix this bug, please add the tag:
'kernel-bug-exists-upstream'.

Once testing of the upstream kernel is complete, please mark this bug as
"Confirmed".

Thanks in advance.

[0] http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.13-rc2

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Lenovo e73 USB webcam problems

  I'm experiencing problems with USB webcam on Lenovo e73 with Ubuntu
  16.04.2 Xenial 32bit.

  Originally with 4.4 connecting the camera often resulted in complete
  hang of the system (apparently not even SysRq worked, though I did not
  test that personally since it is a system I'm administering remotely
  for a family member). There was always a null pointer dereference just
  before the hang, so I suspect that is the culprit (see the attached
  kernel log).

  After some updates the system no longer hangs. I suspect this was
  fixed by going from linux 4.4 to 4.8. However, the webcam still often
  doesn't work and most application just return error. This is usually
  fixed after several tries, but sometimes it is necessary to reboot
  computer. Updating BIOS didn't help. The kernel logs still contain the
  same null pointer dereference with exactly the same stack trace for
  both 4.8 and 4.10.