https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/8/15/817

  Kernel has troule recognizing Corsair Strafe RGB keyboard

  I recently bought a Corsair Strafe RGB keyboard, and while it works
  well when successfully recognized by Ubuntu at boot, that doesn't
  always happen.

  I see messages like this when booting my desktop up:

  [    6.619510] usb 3-10: unable to read config index 0 descriptor/all
  [    6.619543] usb 3-10: can't read configurations, error -110

  They sometimes repeat at 5-second intervals, culminating on a "can't
  set config #1" message or even "unable to enumerate USB device". This
  happens on the logic that deals with a new USB device being connected,
  so when it doesn't work it never gets to the HID drivers part of the
  code. When it does, hid-generic is quite able to control the keyboard,
  though this message appears on dmesg:

  [    6.883811] usbhid 3-10:1.2: couldn't find an input interrupt
  endpoint

  From what I have been able to determine, the Corsair Strafe RGB has three
inputs, with the last one being used as input/output and having something to do
with the LEDs. It only has a single USB configuration, though I don't know why
it times out.

  Searching on Google has a lot of people recommending this userspace
  drive to me: https://github.com/mattanger/ckb-next , and I've tried
  it, but it seems to be more about programming lighting effects into
  the keyboard than in controlling its basic operation, which is all I'm
  interested in. Its daemon was supposed to handle that part too, but it
  didn't fix those connection errors on boot.

  I have the following boot parameter set in my kernel, following advice
  from ckb-next's README, but it doesn't see to have an appreciable
  effect on my success rate:

  usbhid.quirks=0x1B1C:0x1B20:0x20000448

  ckb-next recommended 0x20000408, but I added the HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT
  as well in an attempt to improve things, without success.

  GRUB is always able to correctly identify the keyboard and get it to
  work, too, which makes the fact that the full kernel can't always do
  it a little more frustrating.

  I would be happy to provide any extra information you require on this
  issue.

  Package: linux-image-4.8.0-45-generic 4.8.0-45.48
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  bira       2322 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  bira       2322 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: i3