** Tags removed: triage-a
** Tags added: triage-g

  ibmvscsis: Do not send aborted task response

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
Status in linux source package in Zesty:

  ibmvscsis: Do not send aborted task response

  The driver is sending a response to the actual scsi op that was
  aborted by an abort task TM, while LIO is sending a response to
  the abort task TM.

  ibmvscsis_tgt does not send the response to the client until
  release_cmd time. The reason for this was because if we did it
  at queue_status time, then the client would be free to reuse the
  tag for that command, but we're still using the tag until the
  command is released at release_cmd time, so we chose to delay
  sending the response until then. That then caused this issue, because
  release_cmd is always called, even if queue_status is not.

  SCSI spec says that the initiator that sends the abort task
  TM NEVER gets a response to the aborted op and with the current
  code it will send a response. Thus this fix will remove that response
  if the CMD_T_ABORTED && !CMD_T_TAS.

  Another case with a small timing window is the case where if LIO sends a
  TMR_DOES_NOT_EXIST, and the release_cmd callback is called for the TMR Abort
  cmd before the release_cmd for the (attemped) aborted cmd, then we need to
  ensure that we send the response for the (attempted) abort cmd to the client
  before we send the response for the TMR Abort cmd.

  [Test Case]
  As per comment #11, this requires sending manual abort signals to trigger the
bug.

  [Fix]
  ibmvscsis: Fix the incorrect req_lim_delta
  ibmvscsis: Clear left-over abort_cmd pointers
  ibmvscsis: Do not send aborted task response
  target: Fix unknown fabric callback queue-full errors

  [Regression Potential]
  Patches are confined to ibmvscsi driver and target driver.