Hello, is it going to appear in 4.4? I'm getting tired of running
4.4.0-66 (jk works ok but still would prefer to update).

  connection flood to port 445 on mounting cifs volume under kernel

Status in Linux:
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Zesty:

  This is identical to the bug reported on the Debian kernel list, only
  I'm running 4.4.0, not 4.[89].0

  After about 15 mintues, the cifsd daemon starts flooding echo requests
  on port 445 to the windows server causing a constant 1MB/s load
  (around 10,000 packets per second) that eventually leads to system
  instability that forces a reboot to correct.  This is repeatable and
  as far as I know started about a week ago (possibly with the
  installation of 4.4.0-75).