Jeff,

The fix for
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1709123 is in
proposed could you please test the proposed kernel and change the bug
tags as verfication-done-zesty, since we dont have the 2.0 firmware at
canonical yet?

Thanks a ton.
Manoj Iyer

  [SRU][Zesty] [QDF2400] pl011 E44 erratum patch needed for 2.0 firmware
  and 1.1 silicon

Status in linux source package in Zesty:

  Another bug was found in the pl011/spcr code that implements the work-around
for erratum E44. This erratum affects QDF2400 v1.1 silicon. The software bug is
only exposed when using Firmware 2.0 or later (estimated release October 2017).

  To ensure compatibility with future firmware, the Ubuntu kernel should
  apply the aforementioned patch. Without this patch, customers using
  the 2.0 firmware and 1.1 silicon might not have a functional UART
  console, either sometimes or always.

  It is expected that this problem does not occur with 2.0 or later
  silicon.

  [Test Case]
  Upgrade firmware to v2.0 on a QDF2400 server with 1.1 silicon, and the kernel
should fail to boot, with the patch applied, we should see no boot failure.

  [Fix]
  Following patch in linux-next fixes this issue:
  37ef38f3f838 tty: pl011: fix initialization order of QDF2400 E44

  [Regression Potential]
  This is a bug fix to tty driver and limited to qdf2400. Low risk.