** Information type changed from Proprietary to Public

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Seth Forshee (sforshee)

  [Feature] SKX: Support crystall ridge / far / near memory indication
  in PEBS

Status in intel:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  On SKX PEBS bits should report whether a memory address DLA sample is crystal
ridge:
  hey have two PEBS encodings for L4_HIT Local and L4_HIT Remote. Since we have
no L4, we setup the PRE for Server so that the PRE encodings that map onto
L4_HIT are actually crystal ridge. So PEBS 0x8 (L4 HIT Local) should mean
serviced by local crystal ridge memory on a SKX part, and PEBS 0x9 (L4 HIT
Remote) should mean serviced by remote crystal ridge memory on a SKX part.
  That said, there are multiple steps in the chain that gets that information
from the memory controller to the core, and I don't think any of those steps
has been formally validated.
  We need to extend perf to report these distinctions. First needs some testing
if it actually works. Would require kernel changes, ABI changes, perf report
changes.

  HW: Purley

  Upstream schedule:
     kernel: TBD