This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1719042

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  External USB ports ignored in kernel 4.4.0.96

  I am using 16.04-3.I have a Dell Inspiron Zino HD (AMD 64) with a Dell 1703FP
monitor.  The monitor has 4 USB ports which attach my keyboard, mouse, and
speakers. the kernel 4.4.0.96 generic ignores those ports when it gets to
asking for the password and does not let me use my keyboard. Those ports work
in BIOS and GRUB. They also work when I run the 4.4.0.93 kernel.
  I have found that the 4.4.0.96 kernel uses the USB ports which are on the
motherboard and I can boot up if I attach the keyboard there.