I do see them in that tar file.  Can you run:

tar -xvf lp1721070-source.tar
cd ubuntu-artful/
git log --oneline

  powerpc/64s: Add workaround for P9 vector CI load issuenext

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
  In Progress
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Zesty:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Artful:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  -- Problem Description --
  POWER9 DD2.1 and earlier has an issue where some cache inhibited
  vector load will return bad data. The workaround is two part, one
  firmware/microcode part triggers HMI interrupts when hitting such
  loads, the other part is this patch which then emulates the
  instructions in Linux.

  The affected instructions are limited to lxvd2x, lxvw4x, lxvb16x and
  lxvh8x.

  When an instruction triggers the HMI, all threads in the core will be
  sent to the HMI handler, not just the one running the vector load.

  In general, these spurious HMIs are detected by the emulation code and
  we just return back to the running process. Unfortunately, if a
  spurious interrupt occurs on a vector load that's to normal memory we
  have no way to detect that it's spurious (unless we walk the page
  tables, which is very expensive). In this case we emulate the load but
  we need do so using a vector load itself to ensure 128bit atomicity is
  preserved.

  Some additional debugfs emulated instruction counters are added also.

  In order to solve this bug, we need to cherry pick the following patch

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/powerpc/linux.git/commit/?h=next&id=5080332c2c893118dbc18755f35c8b0131cf0fc4