** Also affects: ubuntu-release-notes

** Summary changed:

- System fails to boot with nouveau
+ Ubuntu Desktop ISO fails to boot with nouveau

  Ubuntu Desktop ISO fails to boot with nouveau

Status in Release Notes for Ubuntu:

  On the latest daily artful image (/current as of 2017-01-14), the
  following occurs on a system with nVidia graphics (on my system, a
  GTX970): https://photos.app.goo.gl/gLUva3Vgvtv0lAmj2

  Steps to reproduce:
  - Download latest daily image, check checksums, burn to USB
  - Boot from USB.
  - Choose "Install Ubuntu" or "try ubuntu" at the menu.

  This happens on the livecd, but also upon ugrading the system from a
  previous daily with a different kernel: my "old" daily booted and
  installed fine with kernel 4.12.0-12, then failed with same error once
  dist-upgraded.