Are the patches for 4.4 (Xenial) available somewhere? We'd like patches
so we can build the kernel ourselves. We can immediately do basic
testing against H730/830 (Invader, previously supported) and H840
(Harpoon, new, probably same as H740 except with external connectors
instead of internal). With a little more time and effort we can do some
testing on H720 as well.

  LSI Harpoon support in megaraid_sas module

  The Dell PERC H740 series RAID controllers, codename "Harpoon", are
  not supported in standard Ubuntu kernels.

  There is a series of kernel patches required to support these:
  http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-
  ker...@vger.kernel.org/msg1307314.html

  There is also a relevant follow-up series:
  https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-scsi/msg104667.html especially
  patches 1 and 12.

  The relevant PCI IDs from the PCI database
  (http://pciids.sourceforge.net/v2.2/pci.ids) are:

  0016 MegaRAID Tri-Mode SAS3508
  1028 1fc9 PERC H840 Adapter
  1028 1fcb PERC H740P Adapter
  1028 1fcd PERC H740P Mini
  1028 1fcf PERC H740P Mini

  They should be supported from Xenial onwards. The upstream commit is
  going in for 4.11, so this will need to be backported to v4.4 and
  v4.10.

  I am working on SRU patches for this.