I have a theory that Bose devices are probably just noticing they've
been connected in HSP mode by default and that's when they say "call
from". In that case this might be fixed with bug 1720684, so keep an eye
on that one.

** Tags added: bose

Packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  Annoying "call from" message when connecting Bose devices

Status in bluez package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  I have a bluetooth Bose OE SoundLink working on Kubuntu 15.10 but each
  time I initially connect to listen to an audio or video, I hear an
  annoying "Call from" on my headset. My headset seems to think a
  connection to a phone call is taking place. This is annoying because
  the audio will start to play and after a little while the "call from"
  voice talks over the audio.