** Changed in: brasero (Ubuntu)

  Brasero, GNOME's burn:/// and K3b slow dvd burn speed

Status in brasero package in Ubuntu:

  I have just purchased a new Samsung SH-W162C/BEBN.

  According to the specs, it should be able to burn DVD-R's at 16x.
  When I tell k3b to burn a DVD, it first sets the speed to 8.02x, but
  it doesn't manage to burn faster than 4.4x.  This drive is capable of
  various fast UDMA modes, so there's no reason for any particular limit
  on speed, but I don't know how to diagnose this.

  Dapper seems to be using SCSI emulation (which I thought was
  deprecated for CD burning), so I can't get anything from hdparm for
  it.

  There must be some aspect of my hardware that Dapper isn't detecting
  right.  I'm using a brand new P4, 3.0GHZ, on an ABIT IL8 motherboard.