** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Kai-Heng Feng (kaihengfeng) => (unassigned)

  Plantronics P610 does not support sample rate reading

Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Zesty:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Artful:

  As per
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1622763/comments/29
  and https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1709282 , I
  believe the USB ID 0x047F 0xC02F needs to be added to quirks.c in
  order for me to use my Plantronics P610. Thanks!

  == SRU Justification ==

  [Impact]
  [ 74.344674] usb 3-1: 2:1: cannot get freq at ep 0x1
  ...the same message will flood over dmesg.

  [Test Case]
  With this patch, ALSA stops trying to read sample rate from device,
  hence no more error messages.

  [Fix]
  Make affected device to use sample rate quirk.

  [Regression Potential]
  Minimal. This patch only affect one device.