** Description changed:

  [Impact]
  Booting a Cavium ThunderX node in ACPI mode results in constant messages like
this to the console:
    arm-smmu arm-smmu.1.auto: Unhandled context fault: fsr=0x80000402,
iova=0x0fffc000, fsynr=0x10081, cb=1

  In some configurations, this causes the SATA controller to fail to
- initialize, making the system unbootable.
+ initialize, making the system unbootable. (Note to self: this occurs on
+ our internal system known as "alekhin").

  [Test Case]
  Boot a Cavium ThunderX node w/ the kernel parameter "acpi=on" and watch the
console.

  [Regression Risk]
+ The fixes are restricted to quirks for Cavium ThunderX hardware

** Description changed:

  [Impact]
  Booting a Cavium ThunderX node in ACPI mode results in constant messages like
this to the console:
    arm-smmu arm-smmu.1.auto: Unhandled context fault: fsr=0x80000402,
iova=0x0fffc000, fsynr=0x10081, cb=1

  In some configurations, this causes the SATA controller to fail to
  initialize, making the system unbootable. (Note to self: this occurs on
  our internal system known as "alekhin").

  [Test Case]
  Boot a Cavium ThunderX node w/ the kernel parameter "acpi=on" and watch the
console.

  [Regression Risk]
- The fixes are restricted to quirks for Cavium ThunderX hardware
+ The fixes are restricted to quirks for Cavium ThunderX hardware, which is
hardware we've tested directly.

  arm64/thunderx: Unhandled context faults in ACPI mode

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Zesty:
  New
Status in linux source package in Artful:
  In Progress