I've been testing version 1.157.16 from xenial-proposed for the last few
hours. It successfully fixes the issue, and I can confirm that the
correct firmware is loaded.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  QCA6174 stops working on newer kernels after second group rekeying

Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-firmware source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-firmware source package in Artful:

  After upgrading to the 4.13 kernel on Ubuntu 16.04.3, I've noticed my
  WiFi would stop working after every 20 minutes or so. The problem
  initially seems related to some DNS services crashing because of what
  happend in browsers and other software that usually rely on DNS but
  I've noticed I couldn't ping my router and other local devices for
  which I knew the IP addresses. The connection is still presented as
  being connected, but it just doesn't work.

  After googling a lot, I came across this question on askubuntu.com

  https://askubuntu.com/questions/967355/wifi-unstable-
  after-17-10-update

  Which led me to this bug report on Debian's bug tracker:

  Which led me to this bug in upstream:

  http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2017-September/010088.html

  I've tested the proposed fixes myself and I can confirm they work.

  What causes the WiFi to stop working is a bug related to the group
  rekeying routines.

  It seems it only happens in >4.12 kernels, hence why I've only had
  problems after 4.13 was pushed as the current rolling HWE kernel for
  16.04.3.

  kvalo made the fix available in version WLAN.RM.4.4.1-00051-QCARMSWP-1
  of the firmware-6.bin file, which is the current one present in
  upstream.

  Updating the firmware-6.bin (and board-2.bin, optionally) to any
  version equal or later than that fixes the issue completely.

  SRU Justification:
  [Impact]
  Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter, available in
numerous laptops, including ones that ship with Ubuntu 16.04 pre-installed,
silently stops working after the second group rekeying, which is usually few
minutes after the user has connected to a WiFi network. The connection status
remains unchanged but there's no connectivity at all. This effectively
disconnects the user without notifying it of what's occurred.

  Additionally, this happens for the only HWE kernel that's been patched
  against the recent Meltdown vulnerability, leaving the user without
  the option of using a recent kernel and a secure kernel at the same
  time.

  [Test Case]
  After applying the required firmwares, check if the connectivity is
unaffected after the second group rekeying, which can be checked with

  $ cat /var/log/syslog | grep wpa_.*rekeying

  [How to fix it]

  Update the firmware-6.bin file to version
  WLAN.RM.4.4.1-00051-QCARMSWP-1 or later.

  [Regression Potential]
  The new firmware overwrites the old one, but since it's been in upstream
since October 2017, it should be good.

  Release:      16.04

  linux-firmware:
    Instalado: 1.157.14