This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1747463

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  kernel crashes unless IOMMU is disabled on Ryzen 1800X

  I'm on a Ryzen 1800X and Biostar B350GT5 on bionic kubuntu.

  Lots of AMD-Vi logged events and I get irq crashes or acpi hangups
  with a normal boot. How I it to work is to disable IOMMU in the BIOS
  and add "iommu=soft" to the kernel booting options in grub.

  linux can then detect everything properly (all cores) and I've had
  zero crashes. The only issue is that it's using software IOMMU.

  Alternatively it boots with the kernel option "acpi=off" but only
  detects a single core/thread.

  I attached a kernel log.

  I believe(d) this might be related to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1671360