Public bug reported:

After an update from 4.10.0-40-generic to 4.13.0-32-generic (ubuntu
16.04 + hwe kernel), the number of process when doing IO on my machine
has exploded.

Before the update, maximum number of process : 284
After the update, doing a simple rsync to an external disk : 771

The system is now unstable and crashes. The processes are hundreds of
"kworker".

Please let me know if there is something more needed.

** Tags: zesty

** Attachment added: "apport.linux-image-4.13.0-32-generic.s_a8ercv.apport"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1747597/+attachment/5049580/+files/apport.linux-image-4.13.0-32-generic.s_a8ercv.apport

  Number of processes exploded after upgrade to 4.13.0-32-generic