4.14-rc1 also works here.

Any updates?

  System freezes when starting Xorg after installing linux-
  image-4.13.0-32-generic

  My laptop (Lenovo T440) freezes when starting Xorg (lightdm) only
  after installing the latest ubuntu kernel for 17.10, linux-
  image-4.13.0-32-generic.

  Am running Xorg instead of MIR due to MIR crashing when I initially
  upgraded from 17.04 to 17.10, but that's a different problem for a
  different day. It's been running with Xorg stably for at least 2-3
  months.

  If I boot with the previous kernel version on my /boot (linux-
  image-4.13.0-25-generic), everything works fine.

  If I boot with the latest mainline kernel from the Ubuntu mainline
  repo (4.15.0), everything works.

  Using grub's option to run "Recovery Mode" for the 4.13.0-32 kernel, I
  am able to use the CLI and access the encrypted root filesystem, which
  is how I generated the apport repo that's attached. It's only when
  telling it to continue Normal booting that it freezes, which is why I
  suspect the problem of being Xorg.

  When the system freezes, the fan starts to spin up. I cannot switch
  virtual consoles using CTRL-ALT-F{1-7}. CTRL-ALT-DEL pressed
  repeatedly doesn't do anything. To reboot, I have to hold the power
  button until the system powers off.