** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Bionic)

  Regression in getaddrinfo(): calls block for much longer on Bionic
  (compared to Xenial), please disable LLMNR

Status in glibc package in Ubuntu:
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in glibc source package in Bionic:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Invalid
Status in systemd source package in Bionic:

  When testing MAAS on Bionic, we noticed sluggish performance that we
  could not immediately explain.

  After comparing the results from a run of the test suite on Xenial to
  a run on Bionic, we determined that the slowdowns had to do with DNS
  lookups. In particular, if MAAS attempts to resolve a hostname using
  getaddrinfo() and the call fails, on Xenial the negative result is
  returned in a fraction of a second. On Bionic, the negative result is
  returned in ~1.6 seconds, according to some measures.

  ### To run the test ###

  git clone https://github.com/mpontillo/test-getaddrinfo
  cd test-getaddrinfo
  make

  ### Results on Xenial ###
  $ time ./test not-a-real-hostname
  Trying to resolve: not-a-real-hostname
      getaddrinfo errno: Success
      getaddrinfo() return value: -2 (Name or service not known)

  real  0m0.015s
  user  0m0.000s
  sys   0m0.000s

  ### Results on Bionic ###
  $ time ./test not-a-real-hostname
  Trying to resolve: not-a-real-hostname
      getaddrinfo errno: Resource temporarily unavailable
      getaddrinfo() return value: -3 (Temporary failure in name resolution)

  real  0m1.609s
  user  0m0.004s
  sys   0m0.000s