apport information

** Attachment added: "ProcCpuinfoMinimal.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1749058/+attachment/5053993/+files/ProcCpuinfoMinimal.txt

  incorrect source address in IGMP Membership Report messages

  I found that linux kernel had had a bug in the implementation of IGMP
  membership report packet generation. the RFC documents for IGMP version 2
  and 3 says that you must ignore the reports with a source ip address that
  you can't identify as belonging to a network assigned to the interface on
  which the packet was received. and the networking OS in the ToR switch,
  Force10 OS 9 does ignore it.

  I've also figured out a patch has been made for this bug in Linus's Github.
  and there was a mark on Github that reads "v4.16-rc1". (

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/a46182b00290839fa3fa159d54fd3237bd8669f0
   )

  I honestly have no idea how Ubuntu LTS team works with regard to this kind
  of patches from the fresh new upstream version of linux kernel. hope you
  guys will easily fix it for people like me who has no experience at
  building and distributing custom built kernels over a few servers.

  Test environment:
  I used two ToR switches and one linux machine for this test.
  I only used 2 ethernet ports on the linux machine.
  There was a recent version of Ubuntu with HWE kernel. I'm not sure if
  no-HWE one would be the same case - the version of linux-generic-hwe-16.04
  was 4.13.0.32.52 -
  To test networking router stuff, I used the quagga from Cumulus Routing on
  the Host 3.3.2 (

https://cumulusnetworks.com/products/cumulus-routing-on-the-host/#roh-download-section
   )

  What I did and saw in my case:
  1. set a network interface (A) so it gets an IPv4 address, but also in vain
  issue "ip link set ${if_name} multicast off"
  2. assign an IPv4 address to another network interface (B), but in this
  case with a 31-bit-long subnet mask length.
  3. install quagga from cumulus, launch zebra and pimd, issue "ip pim sm" in
  the interface configuration mode for the interface (B) with a 31-bit-long
  subnet mask length
  4. I checked that the source IP address part of the IGMP membership report
  packets from the linux machine is the address I assigned to the network
  interface (A) with 27-bit-long subnet mask -using dumpcap and tshark-, and
  that the PIM service on the switch ignored the Reports printing debugging
  messages including : "Invalid sender address"

   affects ubuntu

  Regards,
  Gunwoo
  --
  You can find my PGP public key here: https://google.com/+DewrKim/about

  ---
  AlsaDevices:
   total 0
   crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116,  1 Feb 12 15:36 seq
   crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 33 Feb 12 15:36 timer
  AplayDevices: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.15
  Architecture: amd64
  ArecordDevices: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  AudioDevicesInUse: Error: command ['fuser', '-v', '/dev/snd/seq',
'/dev/snd/timer'] failed with exit code 1:
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
  HibernationDevice: RESUME=/dev/mapper/peta--0001--01--vg-swap_1
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 16.04.1 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160719)
  IwConfig: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  MachineType: HP ProLiant DL360 G6
  Package: linux (not installed)
  PciMultimedia:

  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcFB: 0 radeondrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.13.0-32-generic
root=/dev/mapper/peta--0001--01--vg-root ro
isolcpus=4,8,12,16,20,24,28,6,10,14,18,22,26,30 hugepagesz=1G hugepages=0
hugepagesz=2M hugepages=2048
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-32.35~16.04.1-generic 4.13.13
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-4.13.0-32-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-4.13.0-32-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                             1.157.14
  RfKill: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  Tags:  xenial xenial
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-32-generic x86_64
  UnreportableReason: The report belongs to a package that is not installed.
  UserGroups:

  _MarkForUpload: False
  dmi.bios.date: 08/16/2015
  dmi.bios.vendor: HP
  dmi.bios.version: P64
  dmi.chassis.type: 23
  dmi.chassis.vendor: HP
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnHP:bvrP64:bd08/16/2015:svnHP:pnProLiantDL360G6:pvr:cvnHP:ct23:cvr:
  dmi.product.family: ProLiant
  dmi.product.name: ProLiant DL360 G6
  dmi.sys.vendor: HP