** Tags added: artful bionic

  devel: consider fq_codel as the default qdisc for networking

  this if other distros are starting to move.

  ===

  Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:54:37 -0700

  From: Dave Taht <dave.t...@gmail.com>

  To: Joseph Salisbury <joseph.salisb...@canonical.com>

  Cc: Kernel Team <kernel-t...@lists.ubuntu.com>, ubuntu-de...@lists.ubuntu.com

  Subject: Re: Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2015-03-24

  I must confess I had hoped ubuntu would adopt fq_codel as the default

  qdisc in this go-around. It is still not quite part of fedora´s

  default either, but is now in arch, (and nearly everyone else

  downstream from systemd), and has long been the default in openwrt,

  and at this point, just requires a single sysctl to enable.

  It certainly could use more widespread testing, perhaps in the next release?

  d@nuc-client:~$ cat /etc/sysctl.d/10-bufferbloat.conf

  net.core.default_qdisc=fq_codel