On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:53 AM, Edward Vielmetti
<edward.vielme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you. We will be testing this new kernel at Packet and will report
> results.

Thanks Edward. Please beware of LP: #1749040 as you test. We're not
seeing it with the latest build, but it is not yet root-caused.

  -dann

  ThunderX: TX failure unless checksum offload disabled

Status in linux source package in Artful:

  Most attempts to use IPv6 on the ThunderX NIC will fail.

  [Test Case]
  Attempt an IPv6 TCP connection:

  $ wget -6 'http://www.kernel.org/'

  The connection will time out.

  [Regression Risk]
  The fix is upstream, and is limited to the ThunderX nicvf driver.

  [Workaround]
  Disable TX checksum offload:

  $ ethtool -K eth0 tx off

  [More Details]
  The issue first appears in Linux 4.12.  A fix from Cavium has been merged
upstream:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/net/ethernet/cavium/thunder/nicvf_queues.c?id=fa6d7cb5d76cf0467c61420fc9238045aedfd379