This bug was fixed in the package ubuntu-advantage-tools - 14
ubuntu-advantage-tools (14) bionic; urgency=medium
* New upstream release:
- repositories are only added after credentials are verified
- Livepatch MOTD script (LP: #1710976)
- better "status" command output formatting (LP: #1719034)
- sources.list.d files no longer contain credentials. The "auth.conf"
facility is used instead. (LP: #1700611)
- enabled Livepatch support for Bionic 18.04 LTS
-- Andreas Hasenack <andr...@canonical.com> Tue, 06 Feb 2018 09:58:03
** Changed in: ubuntu-advantage-tools (Ubuntu)
Status: In Progress => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
Livepatch motd enhancement to show people how livepatch can help
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Status in ubuntu-advantage-tools package in Ubuntu:
Status in update-notifier package in Ubuntu:
This is a request to add an enhancement in our motd.d to inform users
of the following:
1) that livepatch is available for their platform/kernel if they don't
have it set up and installed right now.
2) When a system is protected by livepatch, and the system is
currently patched (i.e., canonical-livepatch has active patches
3) when a system is protected by livepatch and no livepatches exist
yet for the kernel version, a single line message of 'This system is
protected by canonical-livepatch." or similar.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp