4.15 is now available in Bionic.  Marking this Fix Released.

** Information type changed from Private to Public

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Tags added: kernel

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: intel

  [Feature] Break up long walk of wait queue during wake up

Status in intel:
  Fix Released
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released

Bug description:

  In Fujitsu's acceptance test of 8 socket SKX systems, they found that
  NMI watchdog timer got triggered in wake_up_page_bit function. The
  cause is the long hold time of the wait queue lock to do the wake ups
  and traversal of the wait queue. (see LCK-4265)

  We created a patch series to break up the long traversal of the wait
  queue in wake_up_page_bit. We bookmark the position in the wait queue
  after reaching a threshold of wake ups, and release the wait queue
  lock to allow other tasks blocked a chance to run (e.g. async wake up
  to remove itself from wake queue in finish_wait). Then we resume from
  the bookmarked location. This fixes the long spin lock hold time which
  triggered the watchdog timer.

  Target Kernel: 4.14
  Target Release: 18.04