4.15 is now available in Bionic.  Marking this Fix Released.

** Tags added: kernel

** Information type changed from Private to Public

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: intel

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1730881

Title:
  [Feature] Support binding swap device to a node

Status in intel:
  Fix Released
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Description

  NSG found binding a swap device to a node could improve swap related
  performance on multi-node system so they would like such feature
  upstreamed.

  NSG used to use a previous patch from me that did automatic swap
  device binding, but that patch requires the swap device has physical
  node information and works best when swap devices are attached to
  different node. Systems like EP doesn't have multiple IO hub so
  multiple swap devices are actually on the same physical node. For this
  reason, I've then developed a entirely new patch that enables binding
  swap device to a node, even when 2 swap devices are on the same
  physical node, they can still be individually bound to 2 different
  nodes.

  Target Kernel: 4.14
  Target Release: 18.04