After running for a couple of days, it seems that we are still seeing
the slow memory leak similar to what was noticed in >= 4.14 earlier with
the patched kernel. But it won't be possible for me to bisect at that
rate.

@Joseph: Getting a patched current 4.13 still would be nice, getting
instructions for how to build such a kernel would be even nicer.

  Servers going OOM after updating kernel from 4.10 to 4.13

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Artful:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  We are seeing this on multiple servers after upgrading from previous
  4.10 series HWE kernels to the new 4.13 HWE series. With the new
  kernel, free memory is continously decreasing at a high rate and the
  servers start swapping and finally OOMing services within days. With
  the 4.10 kernel, decrease of free memory is slower and stabilizes
  after a while.

  Latest kernel tested is linux-image-4.13.0-32-generic but the issue
  also affects older kernels from that series, tested back to linux-
  image-4.13.0-19-generic. No issue with linux-image-4.10.0-42-generic.

  The servers are running as OpenStack controller nodes using either
  Ocata or Pike UCA plus ceph. See attached graph for the memory
  behaviour.

  Package: linux-image-4.13.0-32-generic 4.13.0-32.35~16.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-32.35~16.04.1-generic 4.13.13
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-32-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.15
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri Feb  9 09:45:50 2018