Hawei team just tested and verified this bug on 4.15.0-10-generic kernel
on D05 server.

  hisilicon hibmc regression due to ea642c3216cb ("drm/ttm: add
  io_mem_pfn callback")

Status in Linux:
Status in linux source package in Artful:

  [SRU Justification]

  [Impact]
  On Artful and Bionic kernels, X fails to start and a kernel splat is printed.

  This is cbecause ea642c3216cb ("drm/ttm: add io_mem_pfn callback") is
  incomplete: the hisilicon hibmc driver does not contain the callback
  and so the kernel tries to execute code at NULL.

  [Fix]

  Bionic: There is a generic fix in 4.16 at
  c67fa6edc8b11afe22c88a23963170bf5f151acf. It is part of a series that
  applies this generic fix and does a bunch of cleanups; we can safely
  just pick up the generic fix.

  Artful: Rather than a generic fix, I have submitted a very very
  minimal fix that only touches hibmc.

  [Regression Potential]
  Artful: Minimal - fix only touches hibmc driver. Tested on D05 board.
  Bionic: fix is to generic drm code, but is small and easily reviewable.

  [Testcase]
  Install patched kernel, try to start X. If it succeeds, the fix works. If
there's a kernel splat, the fix does not work.

  [Notes]
  Artful: HiSilicon would really like this fix in Artful in such time so that
when the next 16.04 point release ships, the HWE kernel will work with Xorg.

  Bionic: no extra notes.