Lately one of my boxes reproducably freezes when I copy data from
internal hard disk to an USB device (USB hard disk or USB key). It looks
like it works at first, than the "wait for IO load" in the system
monitor applet rises to max and the system does no longer respond to
input, only hard reboot brings it back to life.

When booting the previous kernel 4.13.0-32 all is fine. Do I boot to -36
the error is back.

I append a lshw dump as text file.
The hardware basically:
 ASRock Board D1800B-ITX
 CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  J1800  @ 2.41GHz
  4GB RAM
  otherwise nothing special

System: Ubuntu 17.10
Kernel (now): Linux Esel 4.13.0-32-generic #35-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 25 09:18:49
UTC 2018 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux
Kernel in question: linux-image-4.13.0-36-generic:
  Installiert:           4.13.0-36.40

Desktop is Mate

** Tags: bot-comment
--
System freezes on copy to USB drive since kernel 4.13.0-36 (32bit)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1752946