Thanks.

I should add that the solution I mentioned above may not be the actual
thing that made it work.

I also installed the following packages : bluetooth blueman bluez-
hcidump bluewho python-bluez  bluez-tools.

To me the bug is of critical importance because it prevent a very basic
and common functionality from working.

Packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  Bluetooth finds no device in 13.10

Status in “bluez” package in Ubuntu:

  Bluetooth was not usable on my computer after a clean install of
  Ubuntu 13.10 with updates installed (on 2013-11-06).

  I could "enable bluetooth" in the unity indicator applet but when I
  tried to configure a device everything appeared like no device was
  found (GUI showed infinite search for a device with no device found).

  I got it working after searching online and running:
  sudo usermod -a -G bluetooth $USER
  ( found on http://askubuntu.com/questions/363401/cant-enable-bluetooth-13-10 )