Would it be possible for you to test the latest upstream kernel? Refer
to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelMainlineBuilds . Please test the latest
v4.16 kernel[0].

If this bug is fixed in the mainline kernel, please add the following
tag 'kernel-fixed-upstream'.

If the mainline kernel does not fix this bug, please add the tag:
'kernel-bug-exists-upstream'.

Once testing of the upstream kernel is complete, please mark this bug as
"Confirmed".

Thanks in advance.

[0] http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.16-rc4

  Random reboots with 4.13.0-26 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Artful:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  After installing kernel 4.13.0-26 (and 4.13.0-31) we are seeing random
reboots on virtual machines (VSIs) hosted by SoftLayer.  The physical hosts
were patched earlier this month but I don't have the details yet or access to
the hypervisors.  We noticed 4.13.0-31 was rebooting frequently and went to
4.13.0-26 instead which was performing better but still suffering from the
random reboots.  The VMs still on the old 4.4 kernels haven't had any random
reboots at all.  We don't have any intel-microcode package installed, and I'm
not sure it would make a difference for VMs...?  We have seen this on both
Broadwell and Haswell systems.  The attached apport file is from one of the
Broadwell servers.
  ---
  AlsaDevices:
   total 0
   crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116,  1 Jan 25 11:43 seq
   crw-rw---- 1 root audio 116, 33 Jan 25 11:43 timer
  AplayDevices: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.5
  Architecture: amd64
  ArecordDevices: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  AudioDevicesInUse: Error: command ['fuser', '-v', '/dev/snd/seq',
'/dev/snd/timer'] failed with exit code 1:
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
  IwConfig: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  Lspci:

  Lsusb: Error: command ['lsusb'] failed with exit code 1:
  Package: linux (not installed)
  PciMultimedia:

  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   SHELL=/bin/bash
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
  ProcFB:

  ProcKernelCmdLine: root=UUID=52c6959b-79b0-4bdd-8ed6-71e0ba782fb4 ro
console=hvc0 elevator=noop
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-26.29~16.04.2-generic 4.13.13
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-4.13.0-26-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-4.13.0-26-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                             1.157.8
  RfKill: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  Tags:  xenial uec-images xenial uec-images xenial uec-images
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-26-generic x86_64
  UnreportableReason: The report belongs to a package that is not installed.
  UserGroups:

  _MarkForUpload: False