This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1754425

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Lots of pcieport and nvme kernel errors - system non-responsive

  If I open the lid, it seems that the computer flat-out doesn't wake
  up. HOWEVER, if I wait patiently more than 20 seconds, and press (not
  hold) the power button, SOMETIMES, the computer will "snap out of it"
  and come back to my desktop. Although RAM is 25% used, and CPU usage
  is around 25-50% or less (depending on apps), mouse will regularly
  freeze up for some seconds every 10 seconds or so. Wifi will claim to
  be "on", but there aren't any networks in the "select network"
  dialogue. Turning wifi off and then on does not fix this problem. So
  I'll be in this terrifying state of non-responsive every few seconds
  computer, with no ability to reconnect to networks and report bug.

  I force restart. The first restart, upon login, will hang indefinitely
  on a purple screen with the cursor in the middle. I will have to force
  restart again. Upon 2nd restart, it will boot "normally".

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  Package: gnome-shell 3.27.92-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 4.15.0-10-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.8-0ubuntu10
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Mar  8 12:38:24 2018
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Alpha amd64 (20180228)
   PATH=(custom, no user)
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell

Mailing list:
Post to     :