[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  hibernation poweroff fails when disconnecting USB: "cannot enable port
  1. Maybe the USB cable is bad."

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Toshiba Portege M200 tablet. Consistent problem (past several months,
  through several kernel upgrades). Hibernation normally works fine (if
  a little slow). But if I pull out the USB keyboard after it has
  started dumping memory, it consistently dies with stuff like this:

  hub 2-1:1.0: Cannot enable port 1.  Maybe the USB cable is bad?
  hub 2-1:1.0: cannot disable port 1 (err = -71)
  hub 2-1:1.0: cannot reset port 1 (err = -71)
  repeat last line 4 times
  repeat whole block four times, except last time is:
  hub 2-1:1.0: Cannot enable port 1.  Maybe the USB cable is bad?
  hub 2-1:1.0: cannot disable port 1 (err = -71)
  hub 2-1:1.0: cannot disable port 1 (err = -71)

  I have a digicam pic of it if that would help.

  I have to force it to power off. But it resumes from hibernation fine
  when I boot it back up; must be something in the final shutdown
  process.

  I suspect this is another symptom of a problem with USB on this machine:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/283128
  Hopefully this bug gets closer to the source.

  Thanks for the bug hunting!