Hope someone else can assist here -- I don't have this hardware anymore
to test.

  RaLink RT2860 won't connect to 802.11n WPA2 networks

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  A driver for RaLink RT2860 cards (found in my Eee PC 901, EEE PC 1000,
  and elsewhere) was added to Ubuntu for Jaunty (I'm specifically using
  Alpha 6 now). It works well for my 802.11g network with WEP
  encryption.

  However, I can't get it to connect to my 802.11n network with WPA2
  encryption. It's not an intermittent issue, and I know the network
  works because I can connect to it in Windows on the same machine.

  The basic logs don't seem to show much useful information; please help
  me debug it further!

  --
  Update (1/27/10):
  This bug exists in Karmic Koala as well.

  A commonly reported forum fix is to upgrade to the 2.2.0.0 version of
  the driver (RaLink website: http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=2
  ).  The current Ubuntu/Debian version of the driver is 1.8.0.0 .  It
  would be *really* awesome if someone put the upgraded drivers into the
  Ubuntu repos.