This bug was fixed in the package makedumpfile - 1:1.6.3-2
makedumpfile (1:1.6.3-2) unstable; urgency=medium
* Add support for SPARSEMEM_EXTREME mem_section as a pointer. (LP: #1750021)
* Add an autopkgtest that test that a crash produces a compressed dump
* Create initrd for previously installed kernels. (LP: #1751329)
-- Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <casca...@debian.org> Mon, 05 Mar
2018 09:28:55 -0300
** Changed in: makedumpfile (Ubuntu)
Status: Confirmed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to makedumpfile in Ubuntu.
kdump-tools won't load until after network is online
Status in makedumpfile package in Ubuntu:
Status in makedumpfile source package in Xenial:
Status in makedumpfile source package in Artful:
This, at least, causes kdump-tools to load only after some timeout. It
could be loaded much earlier.
kdump-tools only requires the network to be online when it's
configured to dump to ssh or nfs, and only when dumping, not when
We should have three services/units here:
1) the loading service, does not require network;
2) the dumping service, that works for local dumps, does not require network;
3) the dumping service, that works remotely, requires network.
Now, as per LP#1681909, maybe we should not require network-online,
but use some other way to verify that the host where we want to dump
is online, given a certain (configured) timeout.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp