------- Comment From hasri...@in.ibm.com 2018-04-08 23:12 EDT-------
> Can some one tell me this fix is made available in "-proposed" build at
> least for test to validate?

With the below kernel, I am able to boot P8 guests with 16M hugepages  -
1G backed in Host

# uname -a
Linux ltc-boston122 4.15.0-15-generic #16-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 4 13:57:51 UTC
2018 ppc64le ppc64le ppc64le GNU/Linux

In guest
-----------
root@ubuntu:~# cat /proc/meminfo
HugePages_Total:      10
HugePages_Free:       10
HugePages_Rsvd:        0
HugePages_Surp:        0
Hugepagesize:      16384 kB

root@ubuntu:~# uname -a
Linux ubuntu 4.4.0-116-generic #140-Ubuntu SMP Mon Feb 12 21:22:24 UTC 2018
ppc64le ppc64le ppc64le GNU/Linux

- Harish

  Allow hugepage backing for "p8compat" mode kvm guests

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
Status in linux source package in Bionic:

  == Comment: #0 - JENIFER HOPPER <jhop...@us.ibm.com> - 2018-03-06 15:23:56 ==
  +++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #165320 +++