Nice, bugs expiring because nobody fixing it :-(

  Atheros AR9285 Wireless on Ubuntu 12.04 is slow, unstable and has a
  weak signal.

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  In Windows 7 the signal is excellent, stable and strong. I use the
  netbook for every home, but in Ubuntu you can only connect a few
  meters away. In my university can not connect because the signal is
  too weak. In Windows 7 is okay. Everyone in my building at the
  university can connect very well with Windows. Who uses computer ath9k
  driver, no.

  Just search on Google to know that everyone who uses Atheros AR9285 have
problems, even with computer hardware certified by Canonical:
  http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/catalog/component/pci:002B:168C-NETWORK

  My computer: Asus EeePC 1215B - APU AMD C-50, 2GB RAM.
  Distro: Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 - 32-bit (64-bit the problem continues)
  Kernel (uname -a): 3.2.0-18-generic-pae #28-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 2 22:11:12 UTC
2012 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
  Driver wireless: ath9k

  Network:
  idescrição:   Interface sem fio
  produto:      AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express)
  fabricante:   Atheros Communications Inc.
  physical id:
  0
  informações do barramento:
  pci@0000:01:00.0
  nome lógico:
  wlan0
  versão:       01
  largura:      64 bits
  clock:        33MHz
  capabilities:         pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical
wireless
  configuração:
  broadcast     =       yes
  driver        =       ath9k
  driverversion =       3.2.0-18-generic-pae
  firmware      =       N/A
  ip    =       192.168.1.2
  latency       =       0
  link  =       yes