Old kernel did not work (4.13 i believe)

Just installed 4.16 from the mainline builds (went with 4.16 and not
4.16.1-4.16.3

I have attached a new dmesg from the 4.16 kernel if it will help. At the
end it has me replugging the cable.

** Attachment added: "dmesg-4.16-full-replug.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1765496/+attachment/5122938/+files/dmesg-4.16-full-replug.log

** Tags added: kernel-bug-exists-upstream

  USB-3/PCIe Root/Thunderbolt fail to load

Status in linux source package in Bionic:

  I have been running 18.04 Beta fine for about a week and a half, but
  on Monday, after upgrading a bunch of packages and my kernel, My USB-C
  external monitors no longer work. They worked fine before. I tried
  downgrading the kernel, but that didn't change anything.

  I have attached a full dmesg log from boot, and a dmesg log for
  repluggig the usb-c cable. the PCIe Root is a Intel Sunrise and the
  machine is a Dell XPS 13 9360.