I just tried the proposed kernel (4.15.0-18.19) and it still has the
same problem.

  Kernel 4.15.0-15 breaks Dell PowerEdge 12th Gen servers

Status in linux source package in Bionic:

  For Ubuntu 18.04 amd64 server, I updated the kernel from 4.15.0-13 to
  4.15.0-15. The system hangs at boot up now. Rolling back to the old
  kernel everything works as expected. It appears to hang while trying
  to enumerate an SD card device, which isn't even installed. I have
  tried this on a Dell R620 and R820 and both have the exact same
  problem. I even downloaded a new installer iso from the daily builds
  to reinstall the OS and the installer hangs too now.

  Support for Dell PowerEdge 12th gen servers appears to be broken with
  kernel 4.15.0-15.

  https://imgur.com/VT9zd0w
  https://imgur.com/4BQPCXo