I built Artful and Xenial test kernels with the back port.  The test
kernels can be downloaded from:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~jsalisbury/lp1762928/xenial
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~jsalisbury/lp1762928/artful

Can you test this kernel and see if it resolves this bug?

Note, to test this kernel, you need to install both the linux-image and
linux-image-extra .deb packages.

Thanks in advance!

  [LTC Test] Ubuntu 18.04: tm_trap_test failed on P8 compat mode guest

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Artful:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Bionic:

  ---Problem Description---
  tm_trap_test failed on P8 compat mode [16.04.04 daily build as well bionic ]
guests on a P9 host running bionic final beta version.

  Contact Information = srikanth/bssrika...@in.ibm.com

  ---uname output---

  16.04.04 Guest running in P8compat mode:

  Linux guest 4.15.0-15-generic #16~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 5 12:18:22 UTC
2018 ppc64le ppc64le ppc64le GNU/Linux

  18.04 guest running in P8compat mode:
  Linux ubuntu 4.15.0-15-generic #16-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 4 13:57:51 UTC 2018
ppc64le ppc64le ppc64le GNU/Linux

  Machine Type = boston-LC

  ---Debugger---
  A debugger is not configured

  ---Steps to Reproduce---
   1. Log into P9 Ubuntu 18.04 host, take console of guest
`srikanth_ubuntu160404`
  2. Run TM selftests
  git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/torvalds/linux.git;cd
linux/tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/;git log --oneline -1;make;make -C tm
run_tests

  We will observe one of the tm tests failing, mentioned below:

  selftests: tm-trap
  test: tm_trap_test
  tags: git_version:c18bb39
  Little-Endian machine detected. Checking if endianness flips inadvertently on
trap in TM... yes!
  failure: tm_trap_test
  not ok 1..11 selftests:  tm-trap [FAIL]

  Expected result: All tm selftests should have been pass on the P8 compat
guest.. giventhat we had TM workaround patches in latest Ubuntu BIONIC host
kernel

  Stack trace output:
   no

  Oops output:
   no

  System Dump Info:
    The system is not configured to capture a system dump.

  *Additional Instructions for srikanth/bssrika...@in.ibm.com:
  -Attach sysctl -a output output to the bug.

  == Comment: #2 - SRIKANTH AITHAL <bssrika...@in.ibm.com> - 2018-04-10
  01:32:00 ==

  == Comment: #3 - SRIKANTH AITHAL <bssrika...@in.ibm.com> - 2018-04-10
01:33:41 ==

  == Comment: #4 - SRIKANTH AITHAL <bssrika...@in.ibm.com> - 2018-04-10
01:34:02 ==

  Please pick

   `1c200e63d055 ("powerpc/tm: Fix endianness flip on trap")`

  ie. the commit that the test was written for