This change was made by a bot.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: chaotic

  Dell XPS 15 9560 - No brightness control

  Hello,

  I have the problem that I cannot control the screen brightness on my
  XPS 15 9560 notebook.

  /sys/class/backlight is empty. I'm running latest Dell BIOS firmware
  1.9.4. I tried all kinds of kernel parameters, such as acpi_osi and
  acpi_backlight, but without any effect. I'm running with Intel
  graphics card in UEFI mode.

  kern.log attached.

  root@eris:/etc/default# uname -a
  Linux eris 4.15.0-20-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 24 06:16:15 UTC 2018
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux