Public bug reported:

With 4.15.0-19-generic everything works perfect. However, with
4.15.0-20-generic, when I power on the computer, the kde plymouth does
not show the textbox to enter the root volume crypts luks password. The
logo just stays there like in the attachment.

If I uninstall plymouth and remove quiet and splash from
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT= && update-initramfs -u it boots in text-only
mode and then can enter the password perfectly.

** Attachment added: "kubuntu-luks-not-working.jpg"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1768647/+attachment/5132440/+files/kubuntu-luks-not-working.jpg

** Summary changed:

- linux 4.15.0-20-generic messes up plymouth and no prompt for cryptfs
+ linux 4.15.0-20-generic messes up plymouth and no prompt for luks cryptfs

** Summary changed:

- linux 4.15.0-20-generic messes up plymouth and no prompt for luks cryptfs
+ linux 4.15.0-20-generic messes up plymouth and no textbox prompt for luks
cryptfs

** Summary changed:

- linux 4.15.0-20-generic messes up plymouth and no textbox prompt for luks
cryptfs
+ linux 4.15.0-20-generic messes up plymouth and no prompt for luks password