I had the same problem and I solved with this solution:

As rootm run:

# for FILE in $(dpkg-divert --list | grep nvidia-340 | awk '{print
$3}'); do dpkg-divert --remove $FILE; done

Then:

# apt --fix-broken install

Font: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1035409/installing-nvidia-drivers-on-18-04

Best Regards!

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 in Ubuntu.

  package libnvidia-gl-390 (not installed) failed to install/upgrade:
  new libnvidia-gl-390:amd64 package pre-installation script subprocess
  returned error exit status 2 (NOT FIXED)

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 package in Ubuntu:

  There is a previous report, but I don't think this bug has been fixed,
  it is still there.

  When I execute "sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall"

  the driver does not installed. then I was told:

  "diversion of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1 to
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.distrib by nvidia-340
  dpkg-divert: error: mismatch on package"

  then I trace the bug and found it may be comes from libnvidia-gl-390
  package and libnvidia-ifr1-390.

  and When I try to install only the libnvidia-gl-390 package, I've got: