** Attachment added: "udev"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-firmware/+bug/1250321/+attachment/3908499/+files/udev

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 13.10 + 14.04 Catastrophic Random Kernel Crashes on Boot with
  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Status in “linux-firmware” package in Ubuntu:

  System Specs:

  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX (with the latest BIOS)
  AMD FX-8120
  AMD Radeon HD 7950
  240GB Seagate SSD (20GiB / partition)
  2TB WD HDD (/home)

  I have installed Ubuntu 14.04 three times and each met the same fate.
  The first time you boot into the system after installing it, it works fine.
However, after you install your usual programs like Steam, Skype, smplayer,
etc. and reboot the system will fail on such a grand catastrophic scale that
you can't even boot into recovery mode since that will begin spamming error
messages quickly as well.

  It isn't related to the kernel because I used the same kernel in
  Ubuntu 13.04. I also had the same problems with Ubuntu 13.10 (I'm not
  sure if that still applies but I will soon find out).

  Meanwhile, Ubuntu 13.04 with kernel 3.12 works perfectly.