@Denis,

Have you looked at the RFC patch submitted to linux-serial (see bug
Description)?
The driver provided as fix for this issue will only attach if the BIOS on your
HW describes virtual serial devices with HID's INT3511/INT3512.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem in Ubuntu.

  Support Intel Atom (Baytrail-I) HS-UART serdev slaves over tty

Status in linux-oem package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem source package in Bionic:

  Support Intel Atom (Baytrail-I) HS-UART serdev slaves over tty

  On systems using Intel Atom (Baytrail-I) SoC's, slave devices connected on
  HSUART1/2 ports are described by the ACPI BIOS as virtual hardware using
  HID's INT3511/INT3512 [1].

  As a consequence, HW manufacturers have complete freedom to install any
  devices on-board as long as they can be accessed over serial tty
  interface. Once such device is Dell Edge 3002 IoT Gateway which sports
  ZigBee & GPS devices on the HS-UART ports 1 & 2 respectively.

  Post 4.15, with CONFIG_SERIAL_DEV_BUS=y, serdev port controller driver
  handles the enumeration for the slaves connected on these ports. Also,
  /dev/ttySx device nodes for these ports are no longer exposed to the
  userspace.

  This driver has been submitted upstream and is under review. This issue has
  been identified as a regression in 4.15 and multiple solutions are being
  explored. Meanwhile, to support customer and maintain release schedule,
  this driver needs to be in Ubuntu 4.15 based kernels.

  The impact is limited to systems based on Intel Atom E38XX (Baytrail-I)
  SoC's.

  More info:
  https://marc.info/?t=152455871600007&r=1&w=2

  Please don't triage, this bug is for tracking purposes only.