We were discussion if this specific bug was a regression in bug 1766857.
Do you recall prior kernel versions that did not have this specific
issue?  If so, we can perform a bisect to narrow down what commit
introduced this.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: kernel-hyper-v

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Joseph Salisbury (jsalisbury)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Joseph Salisbury (jsalisbury)

  [Hyper-V] KVP daemon crashes at startup

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  While testing Bionic daily build with kernel 4.15.0-20-generic we saw
  the following issue with the KVP daemon:

  KVP daemon crashes after approximatively 2 minutes of uptime and it enters in
a failed state. The daemon can be manually started and it enters back in active
(running) state.
  The error messages from /var/log/syslog after the daemon enters the failed
state are the following:

  Apr 25 04:28:46 bionicDaily KVP: read failed; error:9 Bad file descriptor
  Apr 25 04:28:46 bionicDaily systemd[1]: hv-kvp-daemon.service: Main process
exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
  Apr 25 04:28:46 bionicDaily systemd[1]: hv-kvp-daemon.service: Failed with
result 'exit-code'.
  Apr 25 04:28:59 bionicDaily systemd[1]: Started Hyper-V KVP Protocol Daemon.

  Note: There was a simmilar issue discussed on this thread
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1664663, but the
  fixing commit seems to be inclued in this Bionic build.