Hi,

I apologise that I am a little unsure of the process here.
This is a rather severe bug from a Netronome point of view which has now been
fixed upstream.
Is there a procedure available for backports to be included in an updated
Bionic kernel?

  nfp: flower: fixes for cmesg processing timeouts

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  This is a backport request from Netronome for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

  This patch-set improves MTU handling for flower offload on Netronome
SmartNICs.
  The max MTU is correctly capped and physical port MTU is communicated to the
FW
  (and indirectly HW). This prevents the driver from incorrectly reporting a
larger
  MTU than the HW is configured to handle.

  The upstream commits, accepted for v4.17, are:
  29a5dcae2790 ("nfp: flower: offload phys port MTU change")
  167cebeffadd ("nfp: modify app MTU setting callbacks")

  There are also a dependencies on:
  ccbdc596f4f6 ("nfp: bpf: don't allow changing MTU above BPF offload limit
when active")
  b57b62139e53 ("nfp: flower: read extra feature support from fw")