Thanks, Paul, for directing this to the right package.

Packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  File received with "bluetooth file transfer" cannot be saved

Status in bluez package in Ubuntu:

  Receiving files with "bluetooth file transfer" works fine -- but just that.
The files received appear in the lower part of the app window, but you cannot
save them anywhere! Swiping to the right only shows the trash can symbol, so
literally the only thing I can do with the received files is delete them! You
can't even save them to the "Downloads" folder. What good is a file transfer
tool, if the received file cannot be used any further?
  I am quite puzzled -- or am I missing something essential?