I'll submit this patch upstream as well as SRU it to Ubuntu.  Can you
send me your email address, and I'll add you to the upstream patch?  You
can either post your email address here or send it to me at
joseph.salisb...@canonical.com.

  Typo at line 184 in xhci-pci.c makes trouble for Renesas USB chipset
  in Bionic 18.04

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  A typo at line 184 in /drivers/usb/host/xhci-pci.c trashes a good fix.

  183         if (pdev->vendor == PCI_VENDOR_ID_RENESAS &&
  184                         pdev->device == 0x0014)
  185                 xhci->quirks |= XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH;
  186         if (pdev->vendor == PCI_VENDOR_ID_RENESAS &&
  187                         pdev->device == 0x0015)
  188                 xhci->quirks |= XHCI_RESET_ON_RESUME;

  Line 184 should be identical to line 187, ie: should read pdev->device
  == 0x0015)

  I've compiled the kernel both with and without the typo. As written,
  hundreds of messages fill dmesg suggesting XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH may be
  needed when zoneminder tries to access my USB webcams. With the fix
  applied as I've suggested the messages disappear.

  The typo is still present in 4.15.0-22.24

  For more background, you may refer to bug ID #1710548