>From the logs the kernel bug seems to be affecting JAVA rather than
tomcat7 itself.

We also have the same problem occurring with our JetBrains License
Server crashed this morning - generating the same kernel errors.
JetBrains has a commercial JAVA web application service, not tomcat7,
and it is configured to run with Oracle Java 1.8.0.

Our tomcat7 instances are running with the Ubuntu package for OpenJDK
1.7.0_181

  Tomcat 7.0.52-1ubuntu0.15 not start  with Kernel 3.13.0-155

  S.O.: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS \n \l

  Tomcat Package: tomcat7_7.0.52-1ubuntu0.15_all

  Previus Kernel: linux-headers-3.13.0-151-generic, linux-
  headers-3.13.0-153-generic

  Kernel Update: linux-headers-3.13.0-155-generic

  After update to kernel 155 and restart the server, tomcat7 not start
  and I can't find the error in the logs.

  To resolve the issue was necessary restart the server with a previous
  version of the kernel.

  Before find the solution, we reinstall and purge the tomcat several
  times but the incident persisted.