Hello,

good find, the headline mentions autofs so I probably would have never
found it !

We have not been able to trigger this again with using just one client.
I will probably increase the number of clients which suspend (over the
weekends) again next week.

I check on an ubuntu 16.04 machine. That uses vers=4.0 according to
mount. A debian stable (debian 9) machine uses apparently vers=4.2 as
does ubuntu 18.04. So forcing vers=4.0 is certainly worth a try, but the
problem of reliably reproducing remains unfortunately (not even thinking
about fixing it with those circumstances).

  NFS breaks after wake from suspend

  Hello,

  I am observing all symptoms of debian bug 898060
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=898060) on ubuntu bionic
4.15.0-23-generic x86_64 clients
  with a Centos7 NFS server (3.10.0-693.21.1.el7.x86_64).

  After a wake from suspend the server always logs
  kernel: NFSD: client 2001:638:redacted testing state ID with incorrect client
ID
  which is not observed with ubuntu 16.04 (kernel 4.4) clients. Sporadically
after wake from suspend (takes days to weeks to trigger) the server logs are
flooded with messages of the type
  kernel: RPC request reserved 84 but used 276
  and NFS on the client does not work any more. This also has not been observed
with our 20 or so ubuntu 16.04 NFS clients in the last two years.

  Rebooting the client appears to stop the log flooding on the server
  and NFS works normally after the reboot. Remark: systemd hangs during
  shutdown, presumably waiting for the NFS mount to stop, the power
  button is the only remaining option.

  I will upgrade to the latest bionic kernel later and try to trigger
  this again.